Re: starting problems

To: "Hoon Kim" <hoon@pixar.com>
Subject: Re: starting problems
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:15:11 -0400
Hoon,

  Hard to say from such a long ways away, but my guess is that your starter
is the motor you hear but your bendix is not engaging the flywheel.  Some
time a sharp whack with a hammer will release the bendix, but the best way
is to pull the starter and clean it, fix it, or replace it.  If you replace
it go with either a 2000 starter or call CDM for one of the torque reduction
starters.  We run one on each of the Sloan Racing 1600's and they are great.
Even with 12 to 1 compression, they spin the motor with ease and don't even
begin to heat up.  Worth the extra dollars if you intend to keep the car.

Paul
Sloan Racing
OROC