Re: [Fwd: Re: OT- 2002 Tii Update]

To: csp311@telia.com, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: OT- 2002 Tii Update]
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:39:33 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/01 9:19:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time, csp311@telia.com
writes:

> The CS bodies were built by Karmann from 1968 to 1975
> with the usual patchwork panels and lots of tin. 30.000

Not wanting to drag on the BMW thread but....

Prior to my first Roadster, a '66 1600 <remember> ;>)   I had a '71 BMW 2800
that I had just finished restoring to be displayed at the Monterey Historics.
 I really must say that that was probably the best car I ever owned.  It was
a solid and super reliable car that I drove across country and back.

Unfortunately it was totalled when a teenager flew around a corner too fast
and understeered right into my lane and totalled my car.  Otherwise,
wonderful memories with an incredible marque.

Of course, with the insurance money (remember the insurance thread two weeks
ago?) I bought into a 1600 and then the rest in current history.  Of course,
the Roadster is much more fun and a whole lot faster and quicker.

Calspeed
http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html