RE: Lightened flywheel

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Lightened flywheel
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:48:09 -0400
I was persuing this a couple of months ago and actually called Tilton.  They
have changed their process for making the Flywheels - they no longer use a
separate ring gear.  The Roadster Flywheel pattern or whatever you call it
was either lost or thrown out and they said they will not be making any
more.  That may change but that was straight from the horses mouth 2 months
ago.  If folks are interested I also talked to Malvern about making a run of
them.  They need to do at least ten and would run about $5000 for the run.
If there's interest let me know but I abandoned the idea as I don't think
there's 10 of us willing to shell out 5 bills right now and I don't have 5K
to do a run and sell them piecemeal.
Does anyone know if the L series units could be used?  What's the L series
crankshaft register diameter.
Stock flywheel weighs 22lbs.
Brian '69 2000
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/