Lightened flywheel

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lightened flywheel
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:55:06 -0700
I'm about a week away from pulling my engine to swap trannies. My old one is
making a racket and I'd rather not wait until it goes out ala hand-grenade.
I was thinking I'd change out the clutch disk while it's apart even though
the old one is just 5,000 miles old.  This would  be an excellent time to
try something and I thought I'd ask you guys for input. Is there a lightened
flywheel available? I would not want a radical 4lb high tech racing only
piece. I've seen one for the early Z's that weighs in at 13.5 lbs. Would
that work? What does the stock weigh? I'll get a kevlar shatter blanket as
well.