Re: Oil Testing Results

To: "Marc Sayer" <marcsayer@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil Testing Results
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:02:46 -0500
Marc Sayer wrote

>> It's hard to sell magazine ads if you rate your advertisers products poorly.
>> That's why I don't trust very many of the consumer report type publications.

I am for sure not a Consumer Reports fan, but to be fair, they sell no
advertizing.  They do however, have "funny" polling methods, depending on
mail-in surveys.  This tends to weedd out middle-of-the-road responses
and leaves high praise and trashing.  They're polling would be more
accurate if they acquired databases of users and contacted them randomly
by phone.

You have to wonder if their anti roll-over outriggers significantly
change  the CG on some vehicles .

-Marc T.

-Marc

Marc Tyler