Re[2]: Lightened flywheel

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Gordon Glasgow"
Subject: Re[2]: Lightened flywheel
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:02:26 -0700
I remember a flywheel thread where someone mentioned the difficulty of stop
and go driving up the hilly streets of San Francisco with a light flywheel.
All you do is burn out the clutch. A light flywheel is not recommended if
you're driving in a urban hilly area, you need the stock flywheel to keep
the rpm's up. But a lightweight sounds like a great idea for autocrossing.

P.S. Because I drive in SF I prefer the 1600 pressure plate on my daily
driver '70 1600. A lot easier on the foot when navigating stop and go
commuting on hills.

Fred - So.SF