Re: Lightened flywheel

To: <CalSpeed@aol.com>, <efris@home.com>, <Ldino21@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Lightened flywheel
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:32:10 -0400
Pardon my ignorance, but why the big fuss about a lightened flywheel?
Doesn't that induce vibration due to the lack of the dampening effect that
the heavier one would have?  Wouldn't that lead to more fatigue failures on
a lot of stuff and make driving more nerve wracking?

Not trying to throw cold water on the idea as it is great for racing, but on
the street (exclusively), it seems to be a waste of money imho.

Am I way off base?

On a different subject, what brand/grade of oil are folks using in their
Roadsters?  A former mechanic gave me some disturbing info about some oils.

Thanks,

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060