Your advice is needed - "stuck" hood lock control.....

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Your advice is needed - "stuck" hood lock control.....
From: Michael Breen <elvis@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:25:51 -0400
Hello,

First let me say thanks for all those who responded with suggestions for
getting my carb tuned/adjusted. I was ready to post some additional
questions about that issue when I realized I could no longer open the hood.
The cable and hood lock sound as though they are working correctly when I
pull the hood control knob, but the plunger will not disengage from the
lock.

I have tried the methods I have seen described without success. I tried
applying downward pressure on the hood at the point where the hood lock is
located and I have tried prying up all sides of the hood while someone
aggressively worked the hood control knob.

Nothing!

Can anyone else offer any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike