RE: Your advice is needed - "stuck" hood lock control.....

To: Michael Breen <elvis@channel1.com>,
Subject: RE: Your advice is needed - "stuck" hood lock control.....
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:06:15 -0400
At 10:51 AM 8/24/01 -0400, Michael Breen wrote:

>Can anybody describe to me how the locking mechanism works? Does the
>mechanism itself slide from left to right or front to back? What type of
>connector is used to lock the plunger on the hood. I'm trying to get a
>better idea of which way I should force the plunger with a hammer and
>screwdriver.
>
>Thanks,

If you take off the front passenger tire, you can push the hood mechanism
with a long screwdriver.  It really helps to have the car on a lift.  If
you can get a look at another roadster with the hood up, you can see the
path you need to take.  It is one of those "once you have done it, it is
easier than it seems" things.  Kind of like pulling the starter!

Mark
Baltimore Maryland
1964 1500       1968 1600
http://www.datsunroadsters.com