What the?!?!?!

To: "ROADSTER (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: What the?!?!?!
From: "Erickson, Philip" <philip.erickson@agouron.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:24:20 -0700
Having read many of the responses I have a different view, IMHO this hole
was cut to cure some problem.
I have seen this before.  The last time I saw someone this type of a hole
was because he didn't have a clutch pilot tool.  The I idea is with the
plate loose the disc could move therefore it doesn't need to be aligned.
I personally cut a very similar hole in a Ford Capri trans because I
received the incorrect disc and the plate wouldn't disengage.  It was
necessary to install shims between the plate and flywheel to gain enough
"throw" to allow the cover to disengage.  Because the center of the disc
separated, I would bet it was bent during installation.
Just the babbling of an old fart.
BTW you probably don't have to worry about buying a car after I "hay bagged"
it as I don't want to sell.

67.5 spl (FJ20)...
69 srl early dash...

Philip Erickson