Re: What the?!?!?!

To: "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What the?!?!?!
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:18:26 -0500
Thanks to all who responded.   I have a new clutch kit from CDM waiting
to go into the car, it's a 1600 one however, because of hip and knee
problems.  The clutch whose remains are pictured is the one that was in
the car when I bought it in 1988.

Marc Sayer wrote

>Marc, (nice name BTW:_) obviously your clutch disc blew apart and is
>trash. I'd
>say that clutch was either a piece of crap and/or it was badly abused.
>Drag race
>starts are about the only thing that will shred a disc like that and even
>then.

THis is a 1600, I know better than to try and beat anybody off the line
;^)
I've been known to chirp the tires on occasion, but I'm not one to drop
the clutch...as Mike said, "strange".

So the debate now is whether to resurface or replace the flywheel.  If i
do replace it, I'd want to replace it with a stock one.  Is this going to
be harder to find, more $$$ than a lightened one?

Thanks again!

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Designer,