RE: Solex II cam

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>
Subject: RE: Solex II cam
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:06:26 -0500
Only thing I know about the solex II cam is that it's 296 degrees duration
(seat to seat) and .475" valve lift.  The B can is 280 and .460".  I just
got a Crower cam that's a bit more radical and it is ground on a B cam so
the base circle must be smaller.  If the solex II is also ground on a B cam
then you may need to do something about the cam lobe wipe pattern on the
rockers.  Only way to tell for sure is to install it and check the pattern.
If it falls off the rocker you'll need to use thicker lash pads.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/