Re: Solex II cam

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solex II cam
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:05:37 -0500
Usually when you get into pretty wild cams the CR should be raised and other
headwork such as porting should be done. The least you should do is cleanup
and polish the exhaust ports and smooth out casting imperfections on the
intake ports. You don't want the intakes to be smooth and polished as you
need some turbulence, but the stock head castings are rather rough and the
throats can be cleaned up and opened a bit.

I would also port match the intake as it is sometimes off and open the
intake ports to the size of the intake gasket but not larger.

The power will go further up the powerband and to be honest I don't know if
that fits well with slaloms. I guess it depends on your driving style.

Of course you may have to rejet the carbs too.

Mike