Re: Solex II cam

To: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Subject: Re: Solex II cam
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:57:25 -0800
Well, for what it's worth, I've never met anyone who was particularly happy with
the solex 2 cam.  I street raced a couple of people with them while in
California
when my engine was stock (34mm chokes in the Mikuni carbs, no head porting,
stock
compression) and under those circumstances I beat them everywhere (low end
torque
and top speed).  With the new engine, I am upping the compression (10.75:1) and
will probably do a little more cam.  The head is ported and the chokes are 37mm
now.  If you can wait a month or so, I'll let you know what I settle on for a
cam
and let you know how it works... but I'm keepin' the old B cam just in case....
Greg
67 2000