Re: Seeking solex manifold linkage and misc. rambling's

To: Eric Johnson <snakeranch2@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Seeking solex manifold linkage and misc. rambling's
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:19:00 -0600 (CST)
First of all, you should have something to put your spare parts in! I took
a 5 gallon paint container and cut it off to fit under the spare tire. Cut
the center out to the diameter of the tire mount. I then took an almost
used up roll of duct tape (about 10~20 wraps of tape left) and taped it
around the hole in the bucket. Now you have a tray and duct tape that fits
in an unused space in the trunk!

Tom Walter posted a list of spares in the past that may be on the
archives.

I keep a fan belt, light bulbs, spare points/consender, several feet of
#12 wire, a couple of aligator clips, hand cleaner, cheat sheet of
clearances and settings (in a zip lock bag), old headlight relay, spare
temperature sender, spare dash regulator, spare lug nuts, spare ignition
key, list of roadster folks on or near your route, shop manual, several $$
in change if you loose your wallet (for phone). carb synchonizer
(uni-syn), a length of rubber fuel line, a bit of bailing wire, a carb
likage (dumbell) and whatever I have needed in the past, but didn't have
with me at the time!

If I think of more I will let you know.

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner