Choke cables repair

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Choke cables repair
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 17:03:32 EST
Took the choke out of the dash in my 1966 1600 this morning to see how hard
it would be to replace the frayed cables.  It seems to be very easy, unless I
am missing something.

There are three white pieces of plastic that keep the cables from binding
inside the housing, the cables are of one piece that loops in the back of the
assembly, and it all prys apart and seems to go back together quite easily.
I didn't see any internal springs or washers.  Am I missing something, or is
it really that simple?

Anyone have a blow up of the assembly or a picture of one taken apart?  If
not. I''ll take some pix.

Gary C
red one
black one