Dizzy isn't dizzy

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Dizzy isn't dizzy
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:56:59 EST
Because it isn't spinning.

I have got almost everything back in place on my 5 month clutch job, and
today hooked up the battery for the first time.  The engine turns over, gas
gets pumped to the carbs, and coil has power, and there was no spark.  This
didn't surprise me because I took the dizzy apart when I cleaned everything,
but I am surprised that I could get it back into the block without mating the
shaft to the proper gear drive.  (Even if it would have been 180 degrees out
of phase it should have turned.)  So I will pull it and see what's up.

I'll let the list know what I screwed up as soon as I figure it out, as I
want to make every mistake that can be made and then share it with the group
so no one else will have to.

Gary C
1966 1600
1968 2000