Re: <OT> Insurance Process

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: <OT> Insurance Process
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 05:15:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gordon,

My wife was hit in her new BMW on July 8th. I spoke to
my Insurance Agent who is a friend after dealing with
me for 10 years. He said his company almost always has
a "pain and suffering" figure they offer for any
accident, no matter how small or large. It is 2 times
the medical bills and misc bills. Example, we drove
our back up car, thus saving the insured persons
company about $1000 for rental car. Add that back in.
2 days missed work at ther hourly rate. Add that in.
Doctor bills (x2) and you have a total. Also, don't
sign or settle too soon. Small claims like this can go
1-2 years before settiling due to recurring medical,
and don't forget the emotional side, of the accdient.
My wife now is constantly looking for cars and it
really has affected her.

Just my .02

Don Miller
68 Turbo V-6
Meridian,ID
--- Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@attbi.com> wrote:
> The bottom line is, yes, my life has been negatively
> impacted in a fairly
> significant way. I didn't see it that way until I
> really started to list all
> these things, and I still can't put a dollar value
> on it, but I guess that's the
> only way we have in this society to "even the
> balance." So I told her to go
> ahead, although I didn't give her a number. Besides,
> like she said, "If you
> really feel that strongly about it, take the money
> and give it to your favorite
> charity."
>
> It's been an interesting week.
>
> Gordon Glasgow
> Renton, WA
>
> [demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type
> application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]

> ///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
>  or go to
> ///  Send list postings to
> datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net