Re: <OT> Insurance Process

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, turbospl311@yahoo.com, gsglasgow@attbi.com,
Subject: Re: <OT> Insurance Process
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:05:59 EDT
In a message dated 08/20/2002 4:56:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
datsunmike@nyc.rr.com writes:

> The statute of limitations refers to an action commenced by the injured
> party against the other driver/insurance company, not to the time to settle
> an action or the ongoing medical problems which unfortunately may last for
> years. I know of no statute of limitations on medical bill payments.
>
> In NY it's 2 years from the time of accident, or from the time of discovery
> of a medical problem relating to the accident.
>
> Mike

mike
if you are going to sue in california for personal injuries resulting from
negligence, you must do so within one year from the date the cause of action
accrues.  that is the date of the accident, if that is why you are suing.
irrespective of when your medical payments cease from that accident, sue by
the lapse of one year, or lose your right to do so!