RE: OT-ebay ettiquet

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: OT-ebay ettiquet
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:13:59 -0400
I agree with Sid.  Part of the fun of Ebay/junk yards/swap meets is the
hunt.  I think it's fine to find something on ebay that you have no
intention to bid on and notify an individual whom you know is in need of
that item - but notifying the whole world is lame in my book.
I'm still not sure I get how anyone can be angry with someone being willing
to pay more for something than they were.  The way proxy bidding works makes
when the bid was placed all but irrelevant.  I can see how someone can be
angered by having to pay a lot more for something they worked at and waited
to find because it was announced to every clown in the universe (including
me) by some third party who had no interest in the item.
Not intended to flame anyone - just haven't typed enough yet tonight.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/