Re: OT-ebay ettiquet

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT-ebay ettiquet
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 04:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
On the subject of "bid sniping", I recently contracted
with Sothebys.com to auction some art work (not my
personal stuff mind you, but work related), and they
have a feature called "popcorn bidding", where the bid
stays open 5 minutes from the last bid.  The bids
"start to close" at say 10:00AM, and will continue as
long as bids are made.  Great for the seller (more
$$), and a solution to bid sniping.  All in all, I
think I like this method.  A competitor of E-Bay could
certainly eat into the market by employing this
method...

I too have sniped, but ususlly get sniped on E-Bay.
It is just the rules of the game.  DSL and Cable modem
folks RULE!

Mike Harper
Charleston SC

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs