dash removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: dash removal
From: Mtbdavid2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 19:56:45 EST
Hi all,
  I have a 68 2000 and noticed that 2 of the hot wires running from the
firewall to the fuse box have melted and fused together.  I need to get
access to the wiring harness from the firewall all the way to the fuse box.
It looks like it would be easiest if I removed the entire dash board.  I have
already removed the glove box.  Can anyone give me advise on removing the
dash board?  Is it a difficult task?  I will need to re-tape the wire harness
after replacing at least 2 of the wires which have melted.  I also need the
male and female wire connectors which have 4 wires in them and is located
just inside the firewall hole.  If anyone has one to sell I would appreciate
it.  I am lucky my car didn't catch fire.  There is bare wire exposed in many
places.
Thanks,
David