Owning a roadster in California may become illegal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Owning a roadster in California may become illegal
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:37:48 -0800
Hello List,

I'd like to remind the California roadster owners that current legislation
in our State Government would roll back the smog exemption from 1974 to
1960. This would mean all roadsters (with the exception of Edgar Gonzalez's
1960 SPL212 would immediately require smog certification. This is an obvious
money making ploy due to California's budget crisis.

I urge everyone to write their state representatives imemdiately and oppose
this bill. You can find your representatives on the state website www.ca.gov
.

I also urge you to contact other 60's car clubs about this. Think of all the
Chevelles, Ford Mustangs, MGBs, and other cars of the 60s that are about to
be legislated off the road. No California cars at Solvang or Shasta?

While some people may be able to detune their cars to pass smog tests,
others cannot and I for one don't think that we should pay the price for
fiscal mismanagement in Sacramento.

Here is the text of the bill:

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_0701-0750/sb_708_bill_20030221_introd
uced.html

I strongly urge everyone to get the word to your representatives to vote no
now!

Andrew Murphy
1967 2000 SRL311-00489
SoCalROC