Re: Owning a roadster in California may become illegal

To: az589@lafn.org, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Owning a roadster in California may become illegal
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:49:02 -0800
It also rasies the question about those cars that had no smog equipment. The
68-70 cars can be fitted with smog devices if they had been removed, but my
67 and my 64 don't have that capability. One of the guys here in my office
said that the DMV can make exceptions as long as the car has the original
configuration (i.e engine and frame) and has not been upgraded. This doesn't
help the people that did engine swaps however.

If the car was legally imported to California in the 60s and has no
capability to support smog equipment, how can it now be deemed "illegal"?

I also tried calling the resource board and got double talk. These people
either don't know or don't care. I wonder if they will feel the same way
when I vote them out of office!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC