RE: How to I get the darn gears out of the rear end!

To: "'Jim Cawrse'" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: How to I get the darn gears out of the rear end!
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:59:12 +1030
Hi Jim,
do you still have the axle shafts inserted into the rear end?
There is no way the gearset will come off if there are two splined
"retaining pins" still inserted into the side gears.
If you have removed the axles, try a little leverage between the
housing and the front casting.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291195515
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291183313
Adelaide, South Australia.