More on owning a roadster may become illegal . . .

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: More on owning a roadster may become illegal . . .
From: Michael Knorr <mhknorr@crapmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:11:39 -0800 (PST)
I feel for you California people; I grew up in Orange County where the crooks
used to be the elected officials, not the Roadster owners. My Roadster is a
'66, thus exempt from Utah emissions regulations. I have a 1994 Geo Prizm
that's not, however. A couple of years ago the Prizm failed its emissions test,
and the "kindly inspector" winked and offered to make it pass for an additional
$45 by tuning it so lean for the test that it barely idled. I paid him. The
following year, it passed with flying colors at the local Chevrolet dealer. I
told the Chevy guy about the previous year; he rolled his eyes and said,
"You're not supposed to tell me about that."  Then I see "beaters" on the road
every day with current license plates spewing so much carbon monoxide and
nitrous oxide, it's enough to make you gag. Too bad we can't make the
legislators go after the crooked "inspectors." Get ALL of the later model cars
to run clean, and we wouldn't have to sweat the older models.