1600 Head Gasket

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 Head Gasket
From: "SlowBoy" <SlowBoy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:55:00 -0700
Evening,

I just spent the last 30 minutes wondering where the head gasket was on this
donor 5-main I have.  Thought the PO might have yanked it.  But, after wiping
down the bottom of the head some more I found a lip and stuck a scraper
between it and the head.

Seems I did have a gasket, not like any I'm am familiar with.  This one looks
like metal on the entire bottom that sits on the block and the other side
looked like a mesh of some sort (not something you want to bend).

My question is, are the new gaskets we find at our vendors similar to this one
I just scraped or are they different?

Thank you!

//