U20 motor mount/bracket stud?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: U20 motor mount/bracket stud?
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:04:07 EST
Hello all,

       I am working on the left side motor mount/alternator? mounting bracket
from Arts car. A long stud screws into the nose of it. Can someone please
measure one of those studs for me? I know it's 10x1.25 metric but I need to
know the overall length and how much is threaded on each end.
       What has happened with Arts is that the threads have been completly
pulled out and the hole wollowed out even more by having an SAE stud
installed (with a hammer I think). BTW, Art did not do it, this is
compliments of the PO.
       It's an easy fix. I'll drill and tap the hole oversized and install an
insert to restore the threads. I've got a nice piece of stainless rod to make
a new stud. Just need to know the measurements.

                        thx,
                         keith williams