Re: I only hope my roadster will be worth this much

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I only hope my roadster will be worth this much
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:03:24 -0800
Oh, I've owned five Datsun Roadsters, and never owned a Miata or any other
convertible.  Ok, I owned a Fiat 850 spider for a couple of days, but I
don't count that one.

The Miata has many of the same characteristics as the Datsun
Roadster.  Similar layout (RWD), similar proportions.  The Capri was a
quickie FWD wanna be made from Mazda 323 components but not nearly as
reliable or well designed; the Metro... well, that's a Metro.  All I'm
saying is you CAN get a Roadster that embodies the same spirit as our cars
for much less than $10,000.  I threw in the turbo just because I could;
otherwise you could get the car for around $5,000 or $6,000 and have a
perfectly driveable (if much more common) Roadster.

I'm not trying to do a comparison or "which is better", but the question
was asked what else can you buy for $10,000, with no other limitations.

Oh, and $4,500 for a Mercury Capri is a bit on the high side.  See
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406096407&category=5366

and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406299699&category=5366