Re: Misc Questions SPL-311

To: Jessica <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Misc Questions SPL-311
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:38:32 -0600 (CST)
Ivin,

Those old sediment bowls are sometimes a problem to get sealed up. There
is a cork gasket between the blass and the casting that has to seal. There
is also the possibility that the cast cover is warped (or has been
dropped) and it is bent so the gasket won't seal. If they gasket is good
and the cover is not warped they seal fine. I have one on my car and have
had no problems with it.

There are two types of elements that go in the filter, one is a pleated
paper filter, and the other is a cloth tube. The cloth type was orinal,
but the paper filter works better and lasts longer.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA