Re: Misc Questions SPL-311

To: Jessica <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Misc Questions SPL-311
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:23:19 -0800
Jessica wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> Things are going well, finally got my new alternator to work.........getting
> better with electricity
>
> 2) I found a NOS gas filter ( Original Glass one) with a new filter insert so
> I figured that I would put it on.  Even though I can suck gas through the
> filter (under vacuum) when I attach it in-line, the car stalls and I can see
> that the gas is not getting through.  Any ideas?
>
> As always.....Thanks
>
> Ivin

Yes Ivin, give it the heave ho!  I traced months of problems to a faulty glass
fuel filter, and despite my best attempts, I was never able to get it to not
stall my car under high power demands.  Yes, they look cool, and nice and
vintage
and all, but when I mash the gas, I expect the car to go.  Put an inline
aftermarket see through filter on... problem solved.
Greg Burrows