Re: Inertia fuel cutoff switch

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Inertia fuel cutoff switch
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:45:38 -0600 (CST)
Adam,

An easier way is to use the 240/260 series Volvo fuel pump relay. It ties
to the points and turns on when the engine is running. When you first turn
the key on it give a few seconds of fuel pump too.

You should be able to pick one up for a few dollars at a junk yard. The
relay is mounted under the dash, to the left of the steering column. It
has 6 wies going to it:

Red             Hot (fuel pump power)
Black           Ground
White/Red       Points
Blue/Red        Ignition switch
Blue            Fuel pump
Yellow          Fuel pump

Volvos have two fuel pumps, hence, two outputs. I'd tie them together.
While you're at it, cut a few inches of the harness off so you can get the
connector. I think the pins are standard 1/4" push ons, but I don't have a
relay in front of me right now.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA