Re: The key question is...

To: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>, limprod@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: The key question is...
From: Perry Smith <tpsmithstl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:57:25 -0800 (PST)
I don't know how it is where you all live, but I have a different approach.  It
may be a convertible and easy to get into, but who would want to actually steal
it anyway.  I mean, most thiefs steal a car to either joy ride in it, or to
sell for parts.  Obviously as a parts car it's not nearly as appealing as -
say, a Chevy Silverado truck.  As a joy ride, it's pretty easy to spot by
police and not as appealing as a Corvette or something else that's not so easy
to see.

I think I'll eventually put a electrical cutoff switch on it, but that's about
all.  What thief wants to spend significant time working on a car that isn't
going to have a high payoff?

If anyone has a low-priced but not easily defeatable anti-theft device, I'd be
glad to hear it.

Perry
'68 2000

R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com> wrote:
limprod@comcast.net wrote:

> I also found out they are easy to pick open even with a 15 second formed
> paperclip and a bobbypin tensioner [bad broadcast info but you know if
> "they" want to get inside, they will]. that kinda defeated the entire
> intent of even bothering with the locks and directs thoughts toward a
> (useless) car alarm instead.

It might be me but I believe that we have a convertable.
The car is open anyway. Put anything you want to keep in the
trunk. :-)
Bob