Re: Good Bye List

To: Andrew Murphy <solex675@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Good Bye List
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
     I think you are absolutely correct Andrew. The personal attacks are a
issue. I might ad that I do not instigate personal attacks on anyone here on
the list and do not engage in any fighting outside either at least on my part.
      The Jet list at RC Universe, another list where people talk about their
hobby, had problems in the first year. Now years later there are no comments
made as the moderators delete every email that has any notion of, cruelty or
mean spirit. This forum needs to find a way of eliminating the personal attacks
that seem to plague the list.
     I would support you in staying on the list and turning the other cheek.
You know Andrew it really is not personal and really does not have to do with
you. It has to do with them, their stuff and is ultimately their struggle.
So......stay!!! and get the support from those who you feel aligned with. These
are just some of my thoughts. I could be wrong.

Dean

Andrew Murphy <solex675@hotmail.com> wrote:
All,

I have been a list member for almost five years and during that time I have
been accused of being an elitest, a snob, a braggart about the money I spent
on my restoration and now poor judgement in my driving.

The first post I have made in months and it is always the same. I used to
love this and other lists, but without fail I have been insulted and derided
by list members and I have had it. It's a simple matter of not doing this
because it is not fun anymore.

I remember when I started up SoCalROC. I was told by many people that I
would burn out because I would be the only one doing the organizing and
work. I didn't think so then but I do now. As soon as I stopped making the
effort the club died.

Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of nice people on this list that do
good things. Whatever the reasons are I am continuously insulted here and
who needs that?

People, no matter what your personal feelings are about anyone on this list,
personal remarks are not warranted. It is rude and it should not be
tolerated. I have brought this up in the past only to receive "can't we all
just get along" emails. Obvisouly I cannot and since my continued presence
in the cyber roadster community only gets me grief I have decided to not
participate anymore.

The stupid Stan/Dean wars get so old that we finally have to ask them to
take their fight off list. The ridiculous personal comments that people make
here are an affect that this is a non-monitored forum. It is not an
enjoyable medium for me so I am leaving it. For those that remain here I
would think you should demand that all personal comments be made OFF LIST.

So to the person who just insulted my driving skills I say I will not make
pesonal comments on this list. It is not the place for it. I hope in the
future you restrict your personal comments to off list. SInce you do not
know me personally, you have not earned the right to insult me in public.

As long as this list tolerates personal comments it is a failure as a public
forum.

So good luck to all of you.

Andrew Murphy