Re: o/t: California dreaming

To: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: o/t: California dreaming
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:13:18 -0500
> My girlfriend and I will be in N. California for three days next week, have
> never been and am wondering what to do.
>
> I have been to Reno and Lake Tahoe and am wondering what other N. CA lakes
> have spectacular scenery but maybe less expensive to rent a boat or jet ski.
> We also like whitewater rafting.
>
> Loaded questions: should I drive the Pacific Coast Highway, see wine country,
> Yosemite or ??
>
> Also what are anyone's favorite cheap restaurants in San Francisco.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.  Please forgive the off topic post.

Eric,

The Shasta All Datsun is this week. Starts with a track day on Thursday at
Thunderhill Raceway just outside Willows, which is a couple of hours north
of Sacramento on I-5.

>From the Dime Quarterly site:

Thunderhill Track Day and Mt. Shasta All Datsun Meet -- The All Datsun Meet
begins with a day at the Track on Thurs. July 14th at Thunderhill Raceway.
The Track day includes lunch, and is limited to pre-registered Full Event &
Track Participants. Non-drivers are welcome to come and watch at no
additional charge. Track Group Photo at 12:30 PM! The Meet will move up to
Mt. Shasta for Fri-Sun with a Swap Meet, Tour, Gymkhana, Left Coast,
Autocross 1 & 2, ShowNShine, and line up for the group photo. 4 meals are
included in Shasta Full Driver & Full Event Driver entry Fri. dinner, Sat.
breakfast, Sat. dinner, and Sun. brunch. Photo enlargements are sold
separately. Mt. Shasta single event entry price is $20.00 per event, no-
pre-registration for single events necessary. Trophies will be awarded to
Pre-registered participants only. Entry purchased at the event is not
eligible for trophy

Enjoy,
Ron