2 yrs later, same question..."More tranny help needed"

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2 yrs later, same question..."More tranny help needed"
From: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:25:09 -0500
Greetings,

John F Sandhoff wrote the following back in April, 2003.  I have just
experienced the same problem.  How, and perhaps where, do I obtain the
correct counter shaft?  At this pace, I am on track for the most delayed
tranny rebuild ever.  Fortunately, the wrong part was only $12.

Thanks,

Eric A. Isaacson
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1968 Datsun 1600 Sports
1978 Datsun 280Z

I'm overhauling a 4 speed [servo-synchro] gearbox. I ordered a new
countershaft for it, and received 32211-A0951 which Nissan says is the
replacement for the listed 32211-A0901 (the other two listed,
32211-14600 and 32211-A0900, are NLA).

Unfortunately, A0951 is the wrong part. It's a little bit fatter, a
little bit longer, and uses a roller pin in one end while the original
shaft has the notched 'D' end. The box is also labeled 'gear - 1st &
rev'.  [My invoice reads, "SHAFT COUNTER" as the part description. --
Eric]

Does anybody have a current part number for the correct shaft?
Any vendors out there have one?

-- John