Signing your name WAS (RE: Lessons from the British, Andrew

To: <WCHMCH@aol.com>, <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Signing your name WAS (RE: Lessons from the British, Andrew
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:36:39 -0700
Well that strikes me as being a little bit paranoid but to each his own.
Even though this list is not moderated there does seem to be an unwritten
rule about signing your posts.  Not sure if people will take you seriously
if your name is only rick2039029@hotmail.com .  It also seems a little rude
to the community to not share just a little about yourself.  I'm not talking
about signing your posts with your full legal name and SS#.  Just a simple
tagline like,

        William S.
        66 1600
        Pleasantville MA

Then folks know your name what kinda car ya got and where you are from.  I
think it helps build the community.  I don't really think that there is much
risk of having your identity stolen with that much info.

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA
        69 2000

$
$Hello, I've subscribed to this list for some time and find it very
helpful.
$Perhaps it doesn't matter, as I don't plan to flame anyone, but I  have no
$intention of using my real name on a list such as this.  Too much  identity
$theft, too many crazies.  If that means I don't belong here, well,  my
loss.