Re: We're missing out of Datsun fun

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: We're missing out of Datsun fun
From: "Dan Philbin" <dphilbin@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:21:37 -0700
Victor and others,

You did miss out on the fun.  The track day was a blast.  Try and score a
copy of the DVD from Alvin.  He followed me in my 67 SRL for a lap.  This
includes video of the infamous urn 14 spin.

The fun only continued up the mountain with the gymkhana and the auto-x.
Roadsters ruled the gymkhana and fared very well in the auto-x.

I don't know if this is possible but it would be great to have the Shasta
Roadster and All Datsun shows on the same weekend.  This was the case 2
years ago and it was great.

I love the show and shine aspect of the roadster show but it was great to be
able to go up the hill and have fun driving the cars (auto-x / ymkhana) and
admiring other models of the marque we all love so much.

I ask the powers that be to look at holding the Roadster show on the same
weekend as the All Datsun Meet.  They are moderately inflexible due to track
availability.  I know I may be over-simplifying the issue but it seems easy
on paper.

Thanks,

Dan