68 maybe not Water Pump help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 68 maybe not Water Pump help
From: "Chuck Kyle" <chuck@chuckkyle.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:12:19 -0400 (EDT)
I am having some over heating issues and the Roadster is in the shop.
>From what I have always been told I have a 68 1600 Roadster.  There is no
VIN number on the car just off of the Title.  Checking on Datsunparts.com
I have verified that the VIN suggests that it is a 68.

Well I ordered a new waterpump and it does not fit.  The mechanics are
telling me that the engine is from a 67.5.  What can I do to determine
this and if it is true, any suggestions on where to get a water pump minus
paying $170 listed on the Datsun Pure sites?

Thanks in advance.

v/r

Chuck
Hm:  512-225-4501