Re: 68 maybe not Water Pump help

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: 68 maybe not Water Pump help
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:29:30 -0400
  My parts manual lists 6 different part numbers for 1600 water pumps.
Scott's Rising Sun manual printed in 1987 says there were 3 different style
pumps for 1600s.  Cast iron on the 3 main motors, Cast aluminum on the '67 4
main motors, and a new design with a shaft extension on the '68 and later
models.  But down at the race barn, looking through a 20+ year collection,
we have found at least 4 different pumps?
  So the correct answer is YES, more than one!

Paul  Kort
Ohio