RE: CC'ing my heads.

To: "'Karl Payne'" <karlepayne@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: CC'ing my heads.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:48:15 -0700
This is how I am leaning also.  I have no idea who to call to see if they
could do something like this.  What type of business would do this and of
course how much would it cost?  If it's a bare fraction of what a 'good
head' would cost me then I'll give it a shot.  From reading, the only
negative I can see is that it could screw up the engines squish band and
cause it to run really bad with knocking and whatnot.
Yep, I have most all the parts to supercharge my U-20....and I will do it if
I can get the engine back together with the lower CR and have it running
right.

        Thanks,
                Daniel Neuman
                Oakland CA

Daniel,
I think if it were me I would be looking at a custom copper head gasket.
Dead soft copper has a proven track record of success, can be custom cut to
match your 2 liter gasket pattern, and would be a much safer bet than the
"two gasket sandwich".
Just trying to help find a workable solution.
BTW, are you really going to supercharge this engine?  That would be cool.

Best of luck.

Karl Payne