Re: electrical caused ignition miss

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: electrical caused ignition miss
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:03:03 -0700
Greg,
Measuring the resistance doesn't assure good leads. The insulation could be
breaking down. Or just not doing it's job properly.

That is why some people say to look at it when it is running in the dark. you
may notice some "leakage" which will show as a kind of blue corona around the
wires, or you may see it sparking in places where it shouldn't.

Also with the wire in a different position it may make contact. I have been
told to try measuring it in different positions. But it still doesn't
gaurantee a good wire.

Next idea would be a "noisy" power supply. Pick up a power filter like they
use on car stereo's and see if that fixes the problem? You could try it on
both the feed for the dizzy and the Jacobs system. I understand they are only
about $5 each. worth a try. If it makes a significant improvement your
alternator may be on it's way out.............Have a spare alternator to try?

Daryl