Re: OT: Jiffy Lube rip-offs ?? This is interesting

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: OT: Jiffy Lube rip-offs ?? This is interesting
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:12:21 -0700 (PDT)
Maybe it is just me, and I should stay in lurk mode,
but explain to me why, if y'all know all the lube
points, and crawl under the car with these bafoons, do
you not just lube your own car?  An air powered grease
gun to hook up to your cheap compressor is not a huge
investment, plus you get to change your oil & lube
your car at your convienience and at not an
unsubstantial savings, I might add. Biggest advantage,
is you don't have some moron cross thread your plug,
or just fail to do something that you paid for.

Granted, I have to take my modern car & truck to a
garage (a real mechanic who I know) for some repairs,
because I do not have computer equipment and the
"special tools" the manufactures seem to invent every
year, but at least I can still work on my Roadsters,
and I would not let anyone else touch them!

Just one guys opinion, no flaming intended

Mike Harper
Charleston SC