RE: OT: Jiffy Lube rip-offs ?? This is interesting

To: "'Mike Harper'" <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: OT: Jiffy Lube rip-offs ?? This is interesting
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:06:30 -0700
>Maybe it is just me, and I should stay in lurk mode,

Please don't

>but explain to me why, if y'all know all the lube points, and crawl
under the car with these bafoons, do you not just lube your own car?  An
air powered grease gun to hook up to your cheap compressor is not a huge
investment, plus you get to change your oil & lube your car at your
convienience and at not an unsubstantial savings, I might add. Biggest
advantage, is you don't have some moron cross thread your plug, or just
fail to do something that you paid for.

they have a service pit - I didn't have to lay under the car

They have a waste oil disposal system, via legal manifest to a recycling
facility. - I didn't have to shelp the used oil to the car parts store,
possibly spilling it.

After theyv'e changed my oil replaced my filter, et al, they wash my
windows, check my tire pressure and vacuumed my interior - by the time
I'm finished with an oil change, I'm ready for the showers, then a nap.

They did it all, cleanly, thoughly in 15 minutes and I'm clean enough to
go to a nice restruant. I know they did it right, as I watched them do
it.

Such a bargain.

The REAL mechanical work is MY hobby. The unpleasnt, easy stuff I'll
gladly subcontract under my direction.