Re: ARP, the result - K factors

To: Craig Naylor <magazine@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: ARP, the result - K factors
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:31:25 +0000
Well, Phil,
then don't use Helicoils, use Keenserts/tineserts/timeserts, etc-
they uprate your stud threads to at least the next fastener size up!

And yes, loctite is your friend...

And one of the cool things about head studs-
if you REALLY care about stud preload and stretch,
you can set up a dial indicator and tension the fastener to an exact preload.
With rod bolts it can really matter in a race engine.

On head fasteners, it's overkill.  Until you boost it to 50 psi, then
everything starts
to really apply!

heh heh

Toby