Re: Phoenix (and everyone else) Roadster Question!

To: Matthew Cox <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>, roadster list
Subject: Re: Phoenix (and everyone else) Roadster Question!
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:01:08 +0000
I hate to be a soggy blanket about this,
but for that budget, you're realistically looking
at doing the disassembly and reassembly yourself,
and a 'sand it back to solid base'- style repaint.
You won't ever have to touch paint,
but you'll get intimate with all the trim bits!

That WILL get you a very nice looking silver car (look at
the Mercedes silvers- they really look good) that will last a good long while.

And frankly, that way you can decide what trim looks good enough,
and what you want to replace.  It takes days- whether you or a shop does it-
and that's where you can really save money.  Not time.

A full bare- metal job on a roadster is very time- consuming...

HTH,
Toby
(Seattle, so you may find something a bit cheaper...)

From: Matthew Cox <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>