Electrical Capacity of a stock roadster

To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical Capacity of a stock roadster
From: "Jones Barton" <jones_barton@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:59:36 -0700
Hi Everybody,

My knowledge of electrical systems comes from my experiences as an Army
demolitions engineer, if the light goes on it is ready to detonate. As I don't
want to pass that experience level on to my roadster, I thought I would put
this out for opinions. I am considering one of the secretaudio systems (radio
and cd changer) that is placed in the trunk and controlled by an RF remote.
Will the stock electrical system handle this system? From what I read it is a
140 watt system.  Will the stock alternator handle this? Any other
suggestions?

Other Items from this year.

I had my roadster painted this year, not a frame off or custom job but pleased
with the results.
First day on the road after the paint job, windshield was hit by a rock from a
speeding dump truck. Replaced with new windshield from rallye and real happy
with the results.
Clutch is starting to slip so it is now in the shop for a new clutch.
On the waiting list for an electronic distributor from Gary Boone, hope to get
that in the next 4 weeks or so

Was hoping to replace the interior carpeting and vinyl this summer but with
all this little things going on might have to wait for a bit.

I was able to run the old girl in the 4th of July parade in Steilacoom WA this
year, turned a lot of heads

Best of the summer driving season to everyone

Jones Allen Barton
1969 1600
Steilacoom WA