Re: [Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters Digest, Vol 2, Issue 357

To: <Keith0alan@aol.com>, <fj20spl311@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters Digest, Vol 2, Issue 357
From: "Bubba" <bubwin@mts.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:26:54 -0500
If you have your rear tires inflated differently, the rolling diameter is
different, and the spider gears will  rotate.  These spider gears are always
partially immersed and/or passing through the 80-90 gear lube.  even when
they are not turning there is tremendous side pressure on them.

Even when they are turning we are not talking hundreds or thousands of RPM,
and they are tempered steel.  They will hold up.

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy
1967-1600 Bender