Re: [Roadsters] my son's roadster clutching

To: barterdude@comcast.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] my son's roadster clutching
From: nmleeds@mindspring.com
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:29:14 -0400 (EDT)
Watch out for some of the clutch kits.  We got one with the correct serial
numbers and everything which was the wrong spec.  It took us forever to figure
it out because we assumed that if the clutch was labelled correctly and was
installed without incident that it must be correct.

I hope the same hasn't happened to you.  The only thing you can do to test is
to lift the car, disconnect the driveshaft and see if it is disengauging when
someone steps on the clutch.  If you suspect that the problem is the master and
slave, you can use the slave pin adjustment to push the fork further out and
see if you can get disengaugment that way -- but make sure to readjust it when
you are done.