Re: [Roadsters] Megasquirt and/or Megajolt users?

To: pat@hornesystemstx.com, datsun Roadster List
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Megasquirt and/or Megajolt users?
From: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:55:22 -0700
Just went and looked at the website and thought I should note a couple of
changes.
1) I have removed the oil feed line from the coil mount as it is not
nescessary.
2) I also removed the leg bolted at the oil pump mount which seemed
overkill. (but I wanted to make sure it was solid at the time...)
3) There is a comment in the writeup about "plugging in  numbers" - The
Megajolt Jr. was pretty basic when I used it, and pretty much all you had to
do was set up your RPM and Manifold pressure axis, then fill in your
ignition advance in the grid.
I believe it may be a little more involved now, and the Megasquirt is more
involved, depending on what you want to incorporate (temperature related
advance, fan control, rev limits, etc.........) and requires some board
mods - wiring in jumpers/changing components. But, using the Megasquirt
doesn't cost much more, and gives you the option to go full efi later if you
like. (A freind has done just that, running just the EDIS system for a
couple of years now.)

There is also the option to control the coils directly with the Megasquirt
and also requires some wiring/component mods.

Just had my car down at Ross's place today in preparation for the BC Spring
Thaw Run on Friday......Persistant oil leak!

Daryl